Dinacharya are self-care rituals that are part of Ayurvedic health and wellness. Ayurveda is the sister science to yoga and a natural medicine system developed in India over 3,000 years ago. Following the rituals of Ayurveda and having a morning and evening routine is most important. Try one or two of the ideas below and gradually let the rituals grow!
- Wake up and manifest! Set a positive intention for your day the second you wake up. Also, breathe in thoughts of gratitude.
- Pump the belly about 10 times with sharp exhales through the nose ( kabhalabati breath). This will help prepare for the digestion of food.
- Drink warm water with lemon or lime
- Use a Neti pot to cleanse the nasal passage
- Dry brush your body with a silk or wool gharshana glove or loofah sponge
- Give yourself a morning self-massage
- Spend 5 to 15 minutes practicing Pranayama breathing techniques
- Do Yoga
- Sweat daily – If you cannot physically exercise to sweat, consider a sauna or steam shower.
- Eat your heaviest meal at lunch.
- Chew your water and drink your food to help aid in digestion (Try to chew your food 25 times)
- Get out in nature every day
- No eating after 7:00 pm
- Unplug from all electronics at least 1 hour before bed
- Go to bed early by 10:00 – 10:30
- End your day with an intention and thoughts of gratitude
If you would like to make one of your daily rituals yoga, join me every morning and Wake Up and Manifest. Zoom link
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/612143991?pwd=ajR2TkEydW95TEM3TjRZc1IwSXk1dz09 (this is a donation based class)
Take time every day for these self-care daily rituals (dinacharya) and begin to see the changes you can make in your life for better health and happiness. See you on the mat!