Buttha Shudi is a yogic practice to purify the elements. All matter, living and nonliving, contain all of the 5 elements: earth, water, fire, air, and ether or space (akasha). Below are recommendations for the purification of all 5 elements. With these practices, we are more likely to be free from sickness and disease. Try to make them a daily practice for better health and happiness!
- Get out in nature
- Walk upon the earth with bare feet, touch the earth with your hands
- Give gratitude to the earth every day
- Make sure to eat only whole foods
- Drink 8 to 16 cups of water a day
- Have warm water with lemon or lime each morning before eating
- Take a bath
- Go for a swim
- Get sunshine every day!
- Give gratitude to the sun by doing sun salutations
- Build heat, get exercise, and sweat every day
- Stand in front of a fire
- Get out in the fresh air daily ( Is the air that you breathe free from contamination?)
- Practice pranayama breathing techniques Here is just one of many practices –Pranayama
- Keep the window open a crack when sleeping
SPACE, ETHER ELEMENT
- Practice savasana every day (Final pose in most yoga classes)
- Do yoga Nidra as part of savasana. Try the many practices of yoga Nidra on Insight Timer App
- Meditate – especially meditations related to the chakras
By doing these daily practices for the 5 elements (Buttha Shudi) and taking time for the physical practice of yoga every day, you will begin to see changes in your body, mind, and spirit. Take this time to be the best you that you can be. Your health and happiness are worth it!